Flourless Peanut Butter Blondies
We're coming to a close on January. Can you believe it? This means we're one month into our New Year's resolutions. The month's not over yet, so you still have time to come up with your own.
These are mine for 2013:
- Spend less on groceries (this means really shopping with a list every time...and less "window" shopping)
- Save more than we did last year
- Exercise at least 3 times per week
- Dedicate more time to strengthening relationships with extended family
- Always give Tyler the benefit of the doubt
- Be gentle with my children, even if they are trying to pick the fight
- Improve my spirituality by making time for meditation and study; lunch time seems to work well
Some of these are easily measurable, making them good goals to keep track of. The other ones have to be remembered everyday. It's going to be an awesome year!
What are your goals?
Who says you have to bake with flour!?
Are they gooey and warm and hit the spot and you just can't get enough...yes, yes they are. I might have made 2 batches over the weekend.
Peanut Butter Blondies
adapted from Detoxinista's Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Blondies
1 cups natural peanut butter (I've used Adams chunky and smooth, both are good)
1/3 cup honey
1 flax egg (1 Tbsp flax meal mixed with 3 Tbsp water - in place of 1 egg)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional - I added them, but without they'll taste just like peanut butter cookies)
Preheat oven to 350. Lay (un-greased) parchment paper in an 8x8 pan. In a bowl, mix together all ingredients, then if you're using them, fold in chocolate chips. Pour the batter into the pan, making sure the parchment paper nicely folded into the pan edges. Smooth the top and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool in the pan, then lift parchment out with your blondies, and cut. Makes 16 squares.
*A friend told me she's had these in cookie form and they were good that way, too.