I've had these made for a while now, but am still proud of my thrift and industriousness. I found these 5 table runners in the discount area of Ikea (by the check-out) and couldn't pass them up. I sewed three together (as they were) to make a perfect fit in my window. I used another as a valance. The last runner I used to make a casing for the back of the valance for the window bar to slide through. I also used the extra piece to make loops and ties for the drapes. I had seen drapes with ties on either side to use to tie the drapes up. As I considered how I was going to make these, I decided that a loop would do just fine on the front and ties in back. I think it made for easier tying. I roll the drape up with both hands and then tuck the ties up and through the loops for a sophisticated up-do. Very fun.